Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back in the swing of things

School has been going on for about a week and a half now and I am already exhausted haha! In a good way though! When I opened my call last wednesday and saw that I would be going to Portugal, I changed my entire school schedule around so I could take Portuguese 101. I was enrolled in Stats and English 315 but I thought it would be more beneficial to start preparing while I can. Unfortunately, I missed the first 5 days of Portuguese because I couldn't get an add code... so finally Monday I was able to start. LET ME JUST TELL YOU I AM GOING TO BE STUDYING MY BUTT OFF. I walked into to class and found out that everyone but me speaks spanish fluently and the teacher speaks in PORTUGUESE THE WHOLE TIME! I seriously felt scared for my life because I had NO clue what was being said or what she was assigning or anything. Luckily, I sit next to a nice guy named Fernando from Mexico and another kid named Diego from Uruguay and they quietly translate everything the teacher says in my ear! They are life savers. Anyway, I have been going to office hours and got a tutor that actually served his mission in Portugal so I can learn this stuff without failing! It is an 8 credit class! Crazy! Everyone start praying for me to understand! haha

The semester has been going well though. I have been really proud of myself because I have been in bed every night at 1030 and have been getting up at 6 to exercise!!! Thats big for me!! Really big! Work has been so fun and because I am only there 3 days a week I feel super motivated to work a little harder... My other classes are difficult but I really enjoy them. My new Testament teacher is from Australia. She is really stern and gave a kid in our class negative five points on the final exam for hearing his cell phone which is scary but she really really knows what she is talking about and I love learning the history of the New Testament which surprised me.

Everything else is going Great! Another big thing, Marybeth got engaged!! Woohoo! I am excited for them and am so glad I will be here for their big day on Deceber 17th. Here is a picture of the Love birds! Love them!


Thats all for now my bloggin buddies!!!! Love you guys! Miss and love you Family SO MUCH!


1 comment:

  1. yeah yeah portugal and yeah yeah getting married and YEAH YEAH YOU BEING AT THE WEDDING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete