Friday, September 2, 2011

Portugal, Lisbon Mission!!


Well!! I have some really exciting news and I am sure everyone already knows but I am ecstatic and cant stop thinking about it!!!!

I opened my mission call this past Wednesday and guess where I am headed? I will have the opportunity to serve for 18 months in the Portugal, Lisbon mission!!! I was totally shocked when I read Portugal! I am not going to lie... I wasn't even sure where Portugal was exactly. I have been doing research every day and it is the western most country in Europe, boarding spain. So far I have learned that Portugal is one of the world's most peaceful and globalized nations. The climate is very mild and sounds pretty humid. The summers are dry and winters are usually rainy... I haven't seen anything about snow so I'm pumped!! I have read on a few different sites that temperatures range from highs of 90 degrees to the low 50's. Portugal is among the 20 most visited countries in the world!! Thats crazy! Apparently there is an average of 13 million foreign tourists a year! wow! The prominent religion is Roman Catholicism but there are also several other small religious communities.
Lisbon is Portugal's capital. Lisbon is recognized as a global city because of it's importance in finance, commerce, media, entertainment, arts, international trade, education, and tourism. SOUNDS PRETTY AMAZING! Oh also everyone loves soccer!
I am just SO ecstatic! I really couldn't be happier or more excited! I will be speaking the Portuguese language while I am there so I decided to take Intro to Portuguese while I am here at BYU for the semester. I think it will really help me... It's every day at 8am which is early for me but it will be worth it!
So, when I opened my mission call, I had so many dear friends and family there to support me! It was such an exciting night and I was anxious and nervous all day long. Extremely nervous. I went to the post office to pick up my call and when the post man handed it to me, I lost control and just started crying! He didn''t know what to do haha and I didnt really either but I was so excited. I have waited since I was about 15 to receive this mission call. I cant express the gratitude and excitement I feel for having the opportunity to serve this mission and teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so excited to serve with my mission president and his wife. Their names are president and sister Torgan from Brazil. They sound like amazing people and I cant wait to meet them and work with them.

Also, I want my family and my friends to know that I am so so thankful for them. I am so blessed to have amazing siblings, parents, nieces and nephews, and wonderful extended family members. I have THE best friends that are so supportive and so encouraging. Everyday in my prayers I thank Heavenly Father for the dear people around me. I love you all so much! I am so excited to serve this mission!!! I am so excited to learn portuguese!!!! I will leave for the Provo mtc on January 25, 2012 where I will study Portuguese and prepare to serve... then after a few months I will head to Portugal!

Here are some pics of opening my call and also some pics of Portugal!


Here is my mission call!




With the newly engaged couple!!!! I am so glad I will be here for your big day!!!


This is the group pic of just about everyone after I opened it! It was so fun!!You cant see my the computers but to my family and friends back home, thanks for skyping I was so glad to have you all there. Seriously.

My awesome friends from Nordstrom!^

After everyone Left, two of my roommates brought this out to me. They are so thoughtful! Thank you so much for being so excited with me guys!!!


I found these pics of Lisbon! It looks Gorgeous!

Every picture I have looked at has had cobblestone streets which is awesome!
The beach looks amazing.

I cant wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited and happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am so happy for you. I seriously cried when you opened it, I was so excited and happy for you. I can only imagine how it will be for my own call! Love you!

    ReplyDelete