Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sister petersen and my broken car!

Well a year and a half ago I was volunteering at the missionary training center in provo where the missionaries go to learn different languages and practice teaching different lessons about the gospel. While I was there I met this awesome missionary named sister petersen. We immediately connected and I felt like I had known her for years. I went three different weeks in a row and each week she practiced teaching me about the church. By the end of the three weeks, we exchanged information and we wrote back and forth throughout her entire year and a half mission. She is back now! Today I went to a place called West Haven, Ut which is about 2 hours north of provo to see her and hear her speak on her mission. It was AWESOME to see her and she gave a great talk! I love her and feel like we will be friends forever! I cant wait to serve a mission.... I loved hearing about all of her experiences!


After her talk, I went to the gas station and filled up and changed into basketball shorts... (I didnt want to be uncomfortable in the car and I am SO glad I had shorts!) I got back on the freeway and started going south back to provo when my car stared ticking super loud! About 20 seconds later the whole dang car started smoking off the ying yang! I then tried to accelerate a little and the car just kept getting slower and slower and slower! I luckily was right by and exit so i got off immediately. Good thing I did because the car just stopped completely at the bottom of the off ramp and wouldnt start or do ANYTHING! I was scared the car was going to start on fire by the way it was smoking. It sucked! some nice people pushed the car off the road with me and I waited for about 2 hours for the tow guy. It was HOT!I did meet some nice people while I waited but man! I HOPE THAT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN. Luckily warren the tow truck man was way nice and came and saved me. My aunt Ginger drove over from park city and took me back to provo. My car is currently in ogden sitting at the ford dealership so hopeully they can figure out what the heck happend. I just spent a hundred dollars last week on oil and all this other stuff they said the car needed last week! I wonder what happened! Anyway haha just thought I'd blog about it! Happy sunday friends and family! love you all!


2 comments:

  1. I cited four reasons why your car smoked:

    1. The transmission was over filled
    2. The transmission case is cracked
    3. The transmission has been fried (the source of the smoke must be prior to stalling)
    4. The transmission is overheating due to lack of fluid

    Any of these four ring a bell? It's a good thing to know that you met good people along the way, Whitney. First three things you should do when your car starts to smoke: Don't panic, Stop & Investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you start to feel something's wrong with your car, most often than not, it's better to follow your guts. Good thing you were able to get out of your car, and that nothing bad happened to you and your car. Well, just count this as a learning experience, Whitney.

    ReplyDelete